I am up and running with my first blog. Funny, I never thought it would start this way. It is a beautiful day and all I want to do is go home and enjoy a cold beer under the cover of my back porch and watch my grass grow. I'll have to wait...
My assignment for my last Grad class in Instructional Design at UMass is to introduce myself to my class using this blog - I've had aspirations of starting a blog and sharing my joys and sorrows with the world, but I never thought it would start this way. Never the less, here I am, open to the world. Now, down to business and the introduction assignment.
Part 1
What made me want to take this course [ INSDSG 619 Design and Instruction of Online Courses]
Simple, Online Higher Education is the path my career in Education has taken me. Out of all the courses offered in this graduate program 619 hits closest to home for me as Director of Academic Computing at American Public University System where I do just that, Design and Teach online courses.
Part 2
What are two things that everyone knows about me? I am the son of the Mayor of Shepherdstown WV, I am the father of two wonderful boys and I am in the process of reforming my hudelum ways as I transition into being a grownup. People also may know me for many other things and those may develop over time, but are not appropriate for the purposes of this assignment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jason - nice start to a blog. Very easy reading. But really...do you really, want to grow up???
Joan
Hi Jason - it seems like you are a natural blogger so it surprises me that this is your first. And noone up here in MA thinks that all WV folks don't wear shoes!
Looking forward to working with you in class. Marya
Hi Jason,
Thanks for the encouraging remarks about entering the field. Just looking at our peers' blogs shows me how much can be done with technology! I need some time to explore the links that you have at the bottom of your page. Your garden is beautiful, something that I aspire to in my backyard. I noticed that you are a fan of the movie Good Will Hunting which was filmed in my neighborhood.
Talk soon,
Margaret
It takes a while to start writing regularly. My 'real', non class blog, actually has a post a day. The post aren't long, sometimes not earth shattering, but friends and family read about my daily musings.
Hi Jason,
Very nice. It does seem that you are a natural blogger. I love the garden. This past fall and spring my wife and I (well with just a "little" help from my landscape architect father in law) are just starting to enjoy the splendor of our newly transformed backyard. The crabapples and azaleas are mostly done, but the dogwood and lilacs are still blooming and the viburnum and peony are just about to start. I've never really had a garden like this before, and it seems that something new is happening every day.
I noticed that you do some work with e-portfolios. I be very interested in learning more about your experiences as I will be working on a little side project this summer involving e-portfolios.
Thanks for sharing so much about yourself and family with your first blog. It seems I have some work to do to improve my blogging.
Post a Comment